Shower with an all over radox body scrub.
Clinique rinse-off 7 day exfoliant on face and neck.
Moisturise whole body with Aveeno.
Liz Earle Cleanse and polish.
Liz Earle eye soothing soak.
Moisturise face again with Liz Earle night cream.
Dry hair and apply rollers to t-section of head.
Let’s see if I can do this in half an hour…
I thought my first beauty related post should definatly be dedicated to my all time favourite make-up range, and that is Benefit! With 99% of their products Paraben free (the first thing I look for in any product) their chic’ 60’s insipred packaging and sheer quality of their goods is just a bonus! So without further a do, here is my views on the products that I simply couldn’t live without!
1. PoreFessional. £23.50 2. Some Kinda Gorgeous £23.50 3. Hello Flawless £24.50 4. Sugarbomb £23.50 5. Watts Up! £24.50 6. They’re Real! £18.50 7. Magic Ink £14.50.
1. Starting with order I apply the products in, I guess i’ll start with this lifesaver Porefessional. Only a pea-sized amount of this silky textured product is enough to cover the whole face, creating as a perfect base for both powdered and creamy foundations which in my case, I use both. This is perfect for a night out as it keeps your makeup in place and is a perfect primer and base for eyeshadows so they dont slide half way down your face. However, it says its suitable on top of make-up but I would say that is only relevant for parts of the skin where only foundation is applied like the nose and chin as it rubs away any blusher, bronzers and highlighter that is underneath.
2. Next is the Some Kinda Gorgeous; I originally went to House of Fraser in order to purchase the Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow on my recent 18th birthday, but was told that it wasn’t being sold yet unlike my benefit e-mail subscription told me so I picked this up. This is the only cream-based foundations I own as they don’t suit my sensitive skin but this is amazing. I apply with my Benefit Foundation brush which I also got for my birthday and creates a flawless and dewy finish covering any imperfections including facial excema (which i unfortunatly suffer with).
3. I’m so upset my Hello Flawless is almost run out as it’s the only powder that is the exact colour as my skin so i’m definatly going to have to splurge again soon. I got tested to the colour Champange (love the name) and it’s even better match than my translucent clinique mineral powder! It comes with a brush which i used a few times but the synthetic hairs fall off onto your face and it doesnt give a good coverage, so i instead use my Benefit Pow-Der brush to coat and then the Slant Pow-der to blend all crevices such as the nose and eyes.
4. Sugarbomb is good if you want something in between pink/rosy and shimmery/bronze, it swirls 4 of benefits already existing shades to create one thats perfect for both night and day. I apply with a Boots home blusher brush (I love this brush as it has a super long handle!)
5. Watts Up! is something that changes your whole make-up, it’s mainly intended to highlight the arches of your cheekbones but with my unfortunately weird face shape, i instead use it on the bridge of my nose and around the lips with or without lipstick. Looks brilliant in photo’s, but possibly too much if you’re just going out during the day.
6. They’re Real mascara didn’t live up to my initial expectations as the before and after photo’s I was shown in store looked absolutley amazing, but nonetheless it’s a decent mascara and it’s paraben free after all, which is more than I can say for the majority of branded mascaras, the brush is pretty good too though.
7. I’ve started to put more effort into my eyeliner unlike before on the odd occasion that i would wear it, i would just slap it on, unaware and uncaring if my eyes matched and were symmetrical. But recently, i’ve been putting alot of effort into the eyeliner as I feel this Magic Ink opens and widens my painfully small eyes, but again, the brush and product is nothing special, however, it does last a long time. Long enough for it to not even come off in the shower!
(Thought I should add that I also purchased the Booing concealer but even when used with fingers like the packaging says you should, this leaves my skin dry and flakey)
So that’s my Benefit Haul for you guys so I hope you enjoy it. If any of you are thinking about purchasing any of the products, they’re available in all large boots, house of frasers, john lewis and online http://www.benefitcosmetics.co.uk/ where you can choose free testers to ass to your basket which is always a plus!
This is my first post on this blog and hopefully not my last! I’ve started this tumblr page with the aim of getting to know new people and having a place to express all the things i’m passionate about from make-up and skincare to fashion both high end and high street. Hope you all enjoy!